Sunday 14 March 2010

Out and about

I met up with a former classmate and friend from the alma mater tonight in the chic, up-and-coming bar Aqua Nueva. Beautiful design, amazing smells of food streaming in from their Spanish and Japanese themed restaurants and the usual uptight and overdressed crowd. We had a great time, and she suggested that, after two bottles of Cava, we take a wonder down to Cuckoo Club, her often frequented place to hang out. Which would have been, supposedly, great fun, except that she has been drinking since lunch, so the doorman whom she was tight with, deemed her unfit to enter even before she opened her mouth. We hang around for a bit, trying to convince him that she wasn't as unstable as she may have appeared, but he was unmoved. Sharing a fag, trying to figure out the future party options, I mentioned that as she usually went out alone, my presence as a sort of chaperone, could have impeded her chances of getting in. Before long, she bade me goodbye to attempt her way into the club on her own. 
This is a thing I really hate about London. You can never actually aim at going out on a weekend night without sufficient amount of planning. You either circle around town like 'bird-shit in the air' as the Hungarian saying goes, or you are giving up all your self-respect, trying to beg your way into where you want to party. A total buzz killer. 
I was expecting having dinner before the catching up deteriorated into the Cava, so I was pretty gone and completely exhausted from a day of library-ing after only the alcohol part of the night delivered. Catching the night buses to Notting Hill I got the chance to observe the desperate crowd lined up in front of Amica. There was even a guy in wheelchair involved, for the sake of persuasion. For crying out loud.
Optimistically enough, I was wearing heels, despite the breaking and tumbling incidents of last weekend. I usually speed-walk to the rhythm of my music, so, my Ipod on shuffle, out of the 3631 songs (just checked for the sake of accuracy) I stumbled upon the following two great tunes, which I kept playing over and over to slow me down, to cheer me up and to give me a nice chilled way of walking, without tripping over anything. 
Ok, never mind, somehow I can't upload or attach the videos from YouTube, but here are the links. 
and
Nika Pata Lambo by Kaissa

No comments:

Post a Comment