Saturday 27 March 2010

Artsy Farts

Having some serious budget deficit issues due to the posh dining and wining of last weekend, last night was spent at home with a dear friend and several bottles of wine. So, even though I can't link you towards any special place to eat or drink this time, you will be glad to know that, exceptionally enough, I am with my constant companion, the hangover. 
The first time I went to the library, I fell off a curb. So the following incident should have not come as a surprise. I have set out to begin the laborious process that is the writing of the first few pages of my thesis. Motivated, I have decided to wash some glasses in the spirit of 'clean surroundings, clear mind'. As I thrust the sponge into the glass, it just gave up all will to live and broke in half in my hand. The result was a gaping wound that I held under cold water for a good half hour. 30 minutes is a long time. I was bored. So I decided to play around a bit. Call it art, call it self-entertainment, I actually quite like the results. *Contains flashing images*


I guess the lesson I should learn is that fate does not want me to write my thesis. Or only after considerable blood loss and extensive bruising. Thanks for the heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment