Thursday 3 December 2009

It feels great to be reunited with Cam, event though she is actually off for the night with her hostel-boyfriend. The boat that we are taking tomorrow, the Golden Eagle (the most cheesy or grandiose name, you decide), is apparently one of the best boats that is around for this trip. I am spending tonight just chatting and playing endless domino with three Spanish guys. The jeep is picking us up in 4 hours, at 5 in the morning. Now I'm actually just simply scared to go to sleep, because I'm so exhausted I'm afraid I will never wake up. We bought about 8 liters of rum and vodka and many packs of cigarettes to hold out for 5 days. Unfortunately one of the bottles of rum already broke, but I brought a bottle of mezcal from Oaxaca and two havanas to have a fully intercultural experience, drinking Mexican liqueur smoking Cuban cigars while we are crossing Golfo San Blas.

No comments:

Post a Comment