Thursday 25 February 2010

New Beginnings

Well, hello, and welcome back. It has been a while. How've you been?
For a bit more than 10 days now I am sleeping in a bed and in a room on my own after three and a half months of sharing with boyfriend, friends, sister, parents and of course the occasional random strangers. At first it seemed awfully quiet and strangely relaxing not having another heartbeat close, no sounds of breathing. Also, I tend to worry about me snoring and pissing off others (except when I'm wasted, then of course I'm hardly capable of giving a shit) so I can finally have guilt free dreams. 
Being home is always blissful, for the first days. There is usually a viewing planned for the extended family, where they come around, eat, hang out and pat me down and try to comprehend why I do the things I do within the space of a few hours. This also frequently involves telling me that I have lost weight, which is more often than not untrue, and I think it's because they remember me as chunkier than I actually am. At Christmas I made the mistake (after some wine and Jagermeister) of ranting about my adventures in the Chiapas jungle interspersed with a cleansing ritual, which just added to my already ready-made profile, that everybody remembers how darn cute I was when I was a kid, but now I am just plain weird. 
So it's been good to be home, but I've gotten quite lazy here. I started with doing vigorous yoga and running around organising and sorting out stuff, and putting stuff here and there, and typing and faxing, and feeling real productive. Now I even have time to update my blog about a bunch of bollocks, which will essentially boil down to the following:
I am moving to London. After a lifestyle, which can only described as bumming about on an international scale, I plan to take a break for a while, move in with the boyfriend, research my thesis, get an internship, eat healthy, do some exercise, generally settle down and be a boring knob. Sounds like fun? Yes, and beware, I plan to write a blog about it. The good part about it is that I have a feeling I will be inclined to fuck this idyllic picture up, or at least bump into some more or less seriously entertaining difficulties on the way. 

2 comments: