Thursday 26 November 2009

Actually arrived earlier than expected, so I bummed around the bus station until 6 waiting for the first bus to the center. Chatted with a guy from Switzerland, and I realized that I already forgot how much less friendly most Europeans can be. Although it is also entirely possible that I wasn´t at the top of my conversation and entertainment skills at 5 in the morning and I just simply scared him. Brushed my teeth and cleaned myself up a bit in the bathroom and caught the bus, from which, of course, i got off about 10 blocks away from my intended destination. So I wandered, and watched the city wake up. Later I found Calle Mina which
is full of buses heading to Monte Albán, my first destination. The gentelman from the phar
macy, just opposite to Hotel Rivera del Angel, who sold me the ticket, advised me to spend
my time until the bus leaves at half 8 at the nearby chocolate factory/breakfast place on the corner of Mina and 20 de Noviembre. I am not a sweet tooth generally, but the sound of the machines, the sight of the workers turning the massive brown paste, and the sweet smell while I was sipping on my hot and delicious chocolate, dipping sweet bread in it and reading the newspaper, was truly a cosy experience. The sight of the Sierra Madre from Monte Alban, and just the positive energy oozing from the place is unexplainable. The cattles of shrieking and obnoxious tourists remind me how wonderful it is to travel alone, or with somebody that shares a similar rythm and calm with you. Thankfully, it was relatively easy to ignore and lose sight of them in the massive spaces of the ancient city. I am now on the hunt for taxi compartido to get me to Hierve el Agua, a place at 3000m with hot water springs, where I plan on spending the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment